I finally took the time to put up a new design I can live with for this blog (for now… this is again temporary). I trashed the design with the gray header and took a new direction. This uses the same logo as v2 and integrates design elements from the original pixelyzed.com like the pixels/boxes but with a different treatment. I also tried to simplify as much as possible. I still have some typographic tweaking to do but at least I can live with what I have for now. But in the background, I’m going back to the drawing board and starting from scratch.
As I already explained previously, on April 5th (2010), I migrated pixelyzed.com from another blogging platform to WordPress. Last night I changed from the free theme I’d been using to my own new design which I integrated into WordPress using the Thesis theme (more about Thesis below).
Last night, I started the process of migrating pixelyzed.com from a hybrid static and blog site which ran under blogCFC to a full blogging site entirely powered by WordPress (and PHP). As a long time ColdFusion developer and advocate, this is a huge change for me. It is a decision I did not take lightly but it was long time coming and was motivated by several reasons.
This is just a quick note to tell you all that I just migrated the pixelyzed.com blog to WordPress. I will post again in the next few days to explain the reasoning behind the change and speak of my experience doing so.
For now, you will notice that he blog is no longer under a sub-directory of the pixelyzed.com domain. I think it makes a lot more sense as I use this site mostly to blog anyway. On the other hand, I have put code in the old blog location that should correctly redirect any old /pixellog URLs to their corresponding URLs in the WordPress blog.
It’s now late for me and I have client work to do tomorrow… 😉 So please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any glaring problem.
Thanks you all for sticking with me all this time!
Last week I started the process of moving 3 sites to a new hosting company including this one, my business site (webfocusdesign.com) and a client site. My business site was registered at Network Solutions and I also switched registrar for that one and, of course, they made the whole process take forever… I’m glad to be rid of them completely now.
While the thew new Name Servers (DNS) propagate, reaching me via email may be difficult and messages may bounce. If you need to reach me urgently use my ISP email which is “stephberg (at) videotron (dot) ca”.
The main reason I moved the sites was because my prior host was unable to solve the many database connectivity issues I was having with this blog. They had me move it to MySQL from Access which was definitely a good thing but the timeout errors did not stop and at some point last week they got worse than ever (I get an email every time there is any kind of error with the blog). So, I’d had it and decided to move and I now pay a lot less than before for more features and better service.
Also and most importantly, you now should see little to no ColdFusion errors when visiting this site and navigating the blog.